Saturday, January 3, 2009
Pro-Life Blog Awards January 23, 2009 - Washington D.C.
"Blogging is an often thankless and solitary job and it's time we recognized pro-life bloggers for their contribution to the pro-life movement and potential to transform the landscape of our common cause to protect and defend the sanctity of each human being's life."
Training and Activism 2009 from American Life League
January 21 - 23, 2009 (Wed.-Friday)
More activities information: http://www.rockforlife.org/taw/
Other activities include:
* Marching with hundreds of thousands of pro-lifers at the 36th annual March for Life
* Meeting and networking with young pro-lifers from all over the country
* Training given by experienced, successful veteran pro-lifers
* Possible meeting with your member of Congress or his/her staff
* Hitting the streets of D.C. to spread the pro-life message
* Praying at Planned Parenthood
* Music, praise and worship
* Special-event hoodie
The Liaison Capitol Hill,
415 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001
If you never heard Judie Brown speak, I would recommend listening to one of her speeches. Alan Keys also a guest speaker.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
As reported on the #TCOT Report Homepage, the Israeli Consulate held a first of a kind "Twitter" Citizens Press Conference on December 30, 2008. With the Sderot/Gaza conflict escalating I think it was well needed as the main stream media focus tends to be on the calamity and shallow on the pursuit of facts. Although, it was at times hard to follow the dialogue, I found it very intriguing in the sense that this was a risky task for the consulate to take on but overall I think they did quite well. The results are posted on the Israeli Consulates Answers to Questions from “Press Conference” homepage.
For me, the "Twitter" Citizens Press Conference was not about the "event" but the journey of thought.
- For Mr. Obama - Campaign words have meaning, don't they?
- For Democrats and Hillary Clinton - By not attending the rally protesting Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s speech to the United Nations, Did you in some way deny the American people a chance to understand the seriousness of the current Sderot/Gaza situation we face today?
- For Mr. Obama's transition team - Are you ready to work with A Chicago-area bankruptcy lawyer?
- For America - Have you lost your sense of what living in America really means?
- For America - If America is so great, Why do they choose to leave?
- For All - Pictures are worth a thousands words. Life, Liberty and Freedom.
For me it was a fruitful experience and I hope that "Peace on Earth" might rule someday for all those who choose a path of life, liberty and the pursuit of freedom.
Thank You, Israeli Consulate!
Posted by bmo at 5:26 AM