As reported on the #TCOT Report Homepage, the Israeli Consulate held a first of a kind "Twitter" Citizens Press Conference on December 30, 2008. With the Sderot/Gaza conflict escalating I think it was well needed as the main stream media focus tends to be on the calamity and shallow on the pursuit of facts. Although, it was at times hard to follow the dialogue, I found it very intriguing in the sense that this was a risky task for the consulate to take on but overall I think they did quite well. The results are posted on the Israeli Consulates Answers to Questions from “Press Conference” homepage.
- For Mr. Obama - Campaign words have meaning, don't they?
- For Democrats and Hillary Clinton - By not attending the rally protesting Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s speech to the United Nations, Did you in some way deny the American people a chance to understand the seriousness of the current Sderot/Gaza situation we face today?
- For Mr. Obama's transition team - Are you ready to work with A Chicago-area bankruptcy lawyer?
- For America - Have you lost your sense of what living in America really means?
- For America - If America is so great, Why do they choose to leave?
- For All - Pictures are worth a thousands words. Life, Liberty and Freedom.