Monday, November 30, 2009

A December of Dithering or a December of Hell?

A December of Dithering or a December of Hell?

On the eve of the Presidents Afghanistan speech I can't help but wonder the mindset of the men and women who are awaiting backup troops from their Commander-In-Chief. I plan on to listening to his speech (no video) as that is how most our men and women will hear of this speech, if they ever do. I will be thinking of those brave men and women so far from home.
I wonder if they are doubting our resolve? - I sense they are!
I wonder if they doubting their own resolve? - I sense they are!
I wonder which December are they preparing for?

One in which Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described - they will NOT go gently, they will unleash HELL in December?

Or, one in which I just wish I didn't feel like? One like we have let these young men and women down to get to this point by dithering in the politics of war.

These young men and women deserve so much more than one mans speech or act can ever bestow on them. They need US, sending our support, thoughts and prayers for these brave troops, God Bless them as either way its going to be hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment